Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Second Glance

I once heard someone say it is good to clear the “endolphins” in our brain with a walk. I laughed, but quickly realized that is about as much as I, too, know about the scientific aspect of perception.  I do know, from personal experience, that I can “see” and “perceive” differently when my head is in fresh air and I am displaced from the distractions of the norm by a hike. Creation holds my eye in a new and different way. Imagery is a way to convey that new way of seeing to others.

IMG_0025

This day I see a cleft in the rock, bathed in dappled light that presents itself, and I move in to take a closer look . Has the opening been a lair for one unseen? I look for signs of leaves disturbed, but see only rock.

IMG_0027

Blue, a color sweet to me, is highlighting that rock. It draws me and my gaze becomes fixed on form, shadow and shape, and I “see” anew.

IMG_0028

Almost as with a sonogram, I see a form and I am reminded of One- So-Small, a baby bird. My eyes adjust and I see it tucked into a place of safety and rest, in the cleft of the Rock.

IMG_0026

Beauty and reminders can be combined in Creation to delight and encourage. A second glance showed me that again this day.

Ex 33:22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
Ex 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”