Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Forward Movement

P1012076

Imagery can convey a statement.  This picture speaks to me of a mode of movement that is not acceptable or safe under given conditions, posted not as a restriction, rather a protection.  It is indicative of law, established that safety might abound.  Moving forward is not the restriction, rather the mode of movement. 

To move in Kingdom fashion often requires a certain mode of forward movement, not restricting, rather affording safety in the choosing.  The choice may be unfamiliar, even distasteful in the moment, but the promise is protection, that forward movement might continue. Our choice and opportunity is to seek a possibility for a new and different way for forward movement to be established. Joy may be found in the discovery that new movement may be even more to our liking, once the decision and adjustments are made.

Ps 119:35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Ps 119:36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Ps 119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.
Ps 119:38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.
Ps 119:39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.
Ps 119:40 How I long for your precepts!
Preserve my life in your righteousness.