Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

That Which is Hidden


In a crevice of the pond

there is movement, ever so slight.

It alerts my senses

to something hidden,

only partially seen.

It takes a moment to realize what I am seeing,

and in that moment

I stop, breath stops, heart stops.

Fear is quick to come, slow to leave, and often irrational.

I smile now realizing

it is not Snake,

the movement is Frog's.

He has come unawares, preferring a solitary existance,

hidden in the darkness of pond's crevice.

The alert came through my senses,

as spiritual symbols often do.

There is a message...

be alert to that which is hidden in darkness.

There is another message...

a reminder of words,

hidden in my heart.

Precepts taught, declared, and lived.

Your words hidden there,

then declared,

that darkness cannot hide

even in their remembrance.

How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought you; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

Psm. 119:9-11