Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Secret Place

P1018999



I happened upon verdant green moss-covered steps leading to a clearing, surrounded by rhododendron in full bloom on my walk. The canopied ground displayed as white carpet, blanketed by fallen flowers. There was the faintest scent of sweetness, even in the rain. The second flush of rhodos bloom pale pink and looked almost pristine white against the composted soil. When I was a little girl, I sought out places just as this, secret places of which no one knew. I sought solace then, and seek it even today. It is in those secret places my heart becomes settled once again. It is where He walks with me. I hope for you this day such a place to hear His heart.


O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice, for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely. SS 2:14